Saturday 18 December 2010

Gloucestershire and Bath

A day out in Gloucestershire and Bath visiting HuMPS (hills with a 100 meter prmontary), trig points and collecting geocaches.  The weather was cold and frosty with lots of fog at ground level but when I climbed the hills I found myself above the cloud and in the sunshine.  A smashing day out!
The Trig Point on Tinkers Hill - the original concrete trig has been encased in bricks. 


Dropping off a travel bug.  I thought this was an apt place to drop it as the cache is specifically for doggy related trade items.


A Christmas sceen at St Bartholemews Church on top of Tinker's Hill.  The berries and bits fir tree that had dropped onto the top of the grave made a lovely picture with the frosty grass in the background.

Robin's Wood Hill, Gloucestershire.  A hill in the middle of an urban area with the added benefit of free parking.  I think I dropped a travel bug up here.  The first one I have ever lost.  I have had to appologise to the owners.

The beautiful view from the top of Bathampton Down just outside Bath.

The highest point on Bathford Hill is this folly.  I found that the door had been vandalised and ajar so went in and climbed to the top.  Pretty scary as the handrails were missing for much of the way up.

The stone stairs inside the folly on top of Bathford Hill.

View from the top of Bathford Hill.  One hand holding the camera, one the wall to stop me shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment