Saturday 18 December 2010

Bath Youth Hostel

Part of my venture of staying in the Youth Hostels in alphabetical order.  this was the first of the Bs.  Bath Youth Hostel is in a residential area on a hill on the outskirts of the city.  Where else can you stay in such an old villa for £18. 

I first stayed here about 30 years ago.  I think in those days we were all given a job to do before checking out in the morning and being given my membership card back.  No jobs to do now and a nice refurbished Members Kitchen.  The lounge is spoilt as ever by having a giant TV in it - one of the things that I think has spoilt youth hostels over time. 
Scenes of child labour on the wall inside Bath Youth Hostel

I didn't meet any fellow walkers here.  Most people staying seemed to be families, couples or students taking a break before their upcoming exams.

More scens from the walls of Bath Youth Hostel

No comments:

Post a Comment