Sunday 21 November 2010

Moel Hebog, Moel y Ogof & Moel Lefn

A grey November overcast day was forecast for most of the country but in Snowdonia there was an indication that the cloud would lift. I made an early start and headed for North Wales.  As I drove south from Capel Curig some patches of blue sky did indeed appear.  I parked outside the forestry campsite in Beddgelert. Looking up I could see the Nantlle Ridge was bathed in sunshine whereas the mountains I was heading up were still in cloud. 

Moel Hebog and ridge cleared after I came down - typical!

I climbed for an hour over grassland before hitting the cloud base but was then very pleased that I had downloaded a GPS file of the route I was following form GPS Walking Routes site.  This meant I could follow in the footsteps of someone who had walked the exact same route as before without having to refer to my map, compass or taking GPS readings all day.  This was ever so handy as the route would have been difficult to follow without this.

Moel Hebog summit and trig point in the cloud

A full collection of my photos of England and Wales mountains can be found in my Flickr photo album

No comments:

Post a Comment